Monday, July 6, 2015

Lazy Sunday- Movie Time!

The heat wave continues in the northwest, and instead of working on my next  project, my girls and I spent the day broadening their classic movie knowledge. In other words, it was too hot to think, so we watched movies all day. Hey, it's Seattle. We don't do air conditioning up here. :)

Over the last few years, I've been introducing my girls to the movies I loved as a kid, and as an adult too. Today's offerings were Return to Me with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver. I cry at least three times. Father of the Bride parts one and two, and Teen Wolf. A few weekends ago it was That Thing You Do and Mrs. Doubtfire, and before that was True Lies. Still makes me laugh. Oh, and there was Footloose, While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, Notting Hill, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

It's fun watching them enjoy my favorite movies from when I was their age, especially when technology comes into play. "Why didn't they call them on their cell phone?" Is a question I hear often. I also like to watch them work out the plot and conflicts as the movie plays out. Squid, my oldest, is really good at guessing what is going to happen next.

Since the Chicklets are on the younger side, I have to wait a bit longer to share my favorite move (besides The Avengers) which is Four Weddings and a Funeral. And I realized Squid is about the same age I was when I first saw Dirty Dancing, which is a frightening thought. Still debating when is the best time to share that movie, but Patrick Swayze is so dreamy. I may have to watch that one by myself.

Tomorrow I'll be back to grindstone and rewriting everything I had written for the next installment in the Elite Metal series, but for now I'm trying to talk Squid out of watching Teen Wolf Too. Yeah, there are lots of other movies I'd rather return to than that one.

Stay cool y'all!
Anna the Super Diva

Get your copy today
Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter
Amazon Page
YouTube 

No comments:

Post a Comment