Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Little Bit of Geek and a Whole Lot of Sexy....

Good morning. How's everyone been? Can you believe summer is almost over. Ack! Where does the time go?

Things have been a bit crazy in the cave lately. I've been revamping, moving stuff around and getting organized for the next few months in the writing cave. It's taken me a while to get over my mother's sudden passing, but I think I'm finally ready to keep forging onward.

My mom was one of the most kickass women I'd ever met. She took on being a single parent with gusto back when things like that simply weren't done, especially where we lived. Divorce was tantamount to sin back then. But Mom didn't care. She'd done right by her kids, and that's all that mattered.

When I sat down at the keyboard and decided it was time to write again I knew the series I did had to honor that tough resilience she'd raised us with. The thick skin and backbone I inherited from her (thank goodness, cause wow--publishing is ROUGH). Covert operations style romances with sexy badasses have always been a favorite of mine, one I'd been determined to do a series for. But, like most writers, I wanted my own personal spin on it.

Mary "The Edge" Reynolds and her vagabond team of brainiac BFFs sauntered into my brain and nested immediately. They were brilliant, proudly geek, and more than ready to take on all the brawn my Arsenal world offered. They didn't need a sexy, muscled man to save them, but they didn't mind having one by their side kicking ass along with them.

So, welcome to the Arsenal. Where the women are smart, sexy and a little on the awkward side when it comes to handling the former military badasses that've somehow become an instrumental part of their lives.

Together they've got some touch challenges ahead of them, but I suspect they won't have any problems. I can't help but think Mom would love Mary and all her friends. She'd probably be right there along with them.

We've all had those beautiful, brilliant influences in our lives. Who was yours?

Jagged Edge releases October 17th and is the first book in The Arsenal series. Pre-order your copy now.



No comments:

Post a Comment