Friday, September 15, 2017

LIFE IS SO MUCH EASIER WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR

I discovered romantic comedy as a newly single mother on the verge of a breakdown. I was suddenly alone, with a one-year-old, babbling baby talk all day. I don't remember how I came upon the author Jennifer Crusie, but as soon as I did, I was hooked. I read every single one of her books and fell in love with her as an author. She brought laughter back into my life and sparked an interest in me to try my hand at writing romantic comedy. I couldn't handle writing anything dark or intense. No, that was my real life at the time; I wanted to immerse myself in levity and laughter.

Behold my first published book!

(Even though I've since published 2 more, this one's my baby.)


Forty-one-year-old Nicole Woods was content raising her son alone, working as an ad exec, and indulging in the more than occasional cleaning frenzy…until the night she met Wil Blanco.
Her friends have decided that while her son is away for six weeks, it’s the perfect opportunity for Nicole to have a summer fling. Heading the top of the list is Wil — sexy, successful, full of life…and twenty-five! Regretfully, Nicole declares him “hands-off,” but soon he’s complicating everything, from her job at the advertising agency to her self-imposed ban on relationships.
When Wil becomes her top client, she has even more reason to adhere to her “hands-off” policy. So why is Nicole finding it so hard to keep her hands off him?



This novel was based on the fact that as soon as I turned 40, all these 20-somethings came crawling out of the woodwork to ask me out. I had never heard the term cougar before nor did I realize there were so many young cubs out there who consider older women to be the Holy Grail of sex. Our confidence and independence, intimidating perhaps to men our age, served as aphrodisiacs for younger men. Who knew?! So, I took this idea and ran with it and out popped this book.


One Amazon reviewer wrote:

"Humor, sex, romance and friendship. June book club selection and everyone loved it--a rare feat for any group--but especially ours. Totally invested in the relationships by the end."


Happy September!


Tiffany N. York lives in SoCal with her spirited son, diva Chihuahua, an ever-changing number of cats, one screeching parakeet, and now the latest addition, a bunny who is not at all in control of her bodily fluids, especially while being held. Visit her website at www.tiffanynyorkauthor.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment