Sunday, January 4, 2015

Resolutions and Wishes

Happy New Year!

Did you make a resolution this year, or did you make a wish? Yes, there is a difference. I stopped making formal resolutions a long time ago because they are always the same, and I’m certain we all share the same ones. Lose weight, eat healthier, be more tidy, finish that (insert project name here), and so on. Resolutions are something I must make happen. It is my responsibility if I succeed or fail. Not really magical when you think about it.

But I love magic, so every year I make wishes. These are things I wish to happen that are not entirely in my control. Things that require a bit of luck, or the touch of fate, or a really strong coincidence to make happen.

On the Winter Solstice I light my Yule log in my tiny fireplace that really shouldn’t be burning real fire, and make my new year’s wishes. I write them out on bay leaves and throw them onto the flames to turn to smoke and rise into the ether. I am a firm believer that the energy you put out is the energy that you receive. By sending my wishes into the sky I feel they have a better chance of coming true, and I have been fortunate that some of them have.

This year my sister introduced my family to wishing papers. If you haven’t seen these yet, they are really cool. Of course they can be a bit dangerous. I have the awesomest video of my grandmother almost catching the table on fire. If you see me, ask and I’ll show it to you.

For 2015 I wish you joy, I wish you luck. I wish you peace and happiness and that you receive not only what you want but also what you need.


Cheers-


Anna- The Super Diva
Website- http://annaalexander.net/ 
Now on sale for $2.99!
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter
Amazon Page
YouTube 


No comments:

Post a Comment