Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What I've Been Reading

I haven't had much time to read lately. I've been crazy busy with life and writing. But I did sit down yesterday and read an amazing book. It's NA (new adult) and I don't usually read new adult. I don't think I knew this was new adult when I downloaded it. And boy am I glad I did. I think what I loved the most about this story is the characters. Sure, Oscar is everything any woman could possibly want, but Hale isn't so sure she wants him and she resents everybody for trying to force him on her. There is no insta-love in this book. So what is the book?

Halee Maree By Misty Provencher 

Hale Simmons's life is already bottoming out and she's only eighteen. Struggling on welfare, while trying to keep her alcoholic father on track, her dreams of having a better life fade a little more each day. 

But, when her dad witnesses a brutal accident at the bar one night, it changes the entire course of Hale's future. 

Thrust into an arranged marriage 
with Oscar Maree, the playboy son of a wealthy man, Hale must learn to trust a 
stranger to give her the life she's always wanted. 

First, Hale needs to figure out if love can ever happen by accident.


Want to check it out? Maybe download a sample? See if it's for you?

Here's the link: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment