Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Turkey and Dressing and Broken Cookies ... Oh My!

Whew! The craziness is over. The main event has come and gone. Hopefully your holiday was enjoyable and as stress free as possible.

Now it's time to bask in the afterglow of the craziness, to sit back and enjoy those gifts, and (possibly) find another use for that leftover turkey.

To help you along, I thought I'd offer up my favorite turkey recycle ... Turkey Chalupa!

Ingredients:

1 bag of original Frito corn chips
2-3 cups of leftover, shredded turkey
1 can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
1 large (16 oz) container of sour cream
3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
1 tablespoon jalapeno juice (if using bottled peppers) or 1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 cups shredded cheese of choice (I prefer the mixed cheddar)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish
Crush corn chips and spread across bottom of pan
Top with shredded turkey
Mix together soup, sour cream, peppers, juice/hot sauce and spread over turkey
Top with shredded cheese
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling
Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving

~ ~ ~
If you try out the recipe, I hope you enjoy it. I'm off to our annual Boxing Day family leftover buffet! Then, it's back to writing. I hope to have my next Decadent novella complete by the new year. Hint: it's an ultra steamy story of risk and reward!

Until the new year, stay happy, stay healthy, stay well read.

Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment