Sunday, December 10, 2017

5 Distractions of the Holidays

One way to keep the kids occupied -- holiday crafts!
 Can you guess what I’m thinking about? It’s the most wonderful time of the year … or is it? A tight ball of panic has lodged in my chest. What’s the date? How long do I have before Christmas? Who’s left to buy for? What in the world do I get my husband? (Motorcycle pants, he said today. Where the hell do I buy those?)

While many idealize the winter holidays, for many others – I’m hoping I’m not alone – it’s a balancing act of regular duties that still need to be done and all those distractions!

Here’s my top five!

1). “I’m Bored” – If you have kids, you’re probably familiar with this one. With a few weeks off from school, suddenly they expect you, the parent, to fill up all the time (and if you see below, we probably will).

2). Holiday Parties, boat parades, The Nutcracker – Wait, aren’t those all supposed to be fun events? Oh yes. This coming week, I have all three planned. I love going to all the above. But does it every feel like we try to squeeze a whole year’s worth of fun into one week?

3). Cookies – Making and eating. Let’s get this straight, I adore baking. Spending time in the kitchen works as relaxation for me. The thing is, we’re normally crazy-busy. This year, the kids get off on break on December 22. That totally sucks. Monday is Christmas Eve. We’re going to have to cram as much goodness into two days.

Plus, I admit, I am influenced by others. I see friends on Facebook baking, and I want to … now!

4).  Hallmark Holiday Movies – Oh, I know I’ve missed several already. I know this one may be controversial. Not everyone likes the sappiness. But for my and my 10-year-old, it’s a bonding experience over love. Tonight, we’re watching!

5) Holiday book releases – So far this season, I’ve bought three – maybe four – and I just wait for some “free” time to devour. The problem is, even when I have stuff to do, sometimes they continued to distract. So much feel-goodness!

So tell me, what are you favorite or least-favorite distractions?


Here's my distraction to add to the mix!

A Sexy holiday read ... on sale for .99 cents

Winter Solstice Ménage

Sugar isn’t as sweet as her big brother, Yas, believes. After he leaves the big city to venture a small pack in the hills he’s heard about from their mom, she decides to let loose in all the best ways. Except when all hell breaks loose and she’s faced with some tough decisions, she runs … to her family. 

After growing up in Los Lobos, twins Derek and Tyler Baker lived through all the hardships under the former Alpha leader. While one twin is happy playing the dating field, the other wants something more special. They both find what they’re looking for when newcomer Sugar comes for a visit.

Where Sugar goes, trouble follows. It’ll take more than one member of this pack to tame the new shifter she-wolf. But will the Winter Solstice Ménage be enough to convince her to settle down? 



Until next time!

Louisa Bacio

No comments:

Post a Comment