Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry and Happy end of 2014! Let's go out with a bash!! And Matzoh Ball Soup!

The 29th....of December? Really?!?!
How in the world is it already the end of another year?!? That's crazy!!!
Well to comfort each of us into the coming year I'm going to share another recipe! Great for the holidays and makes lots to be able to share with friends and neighbors!

Without further adieu I give you...Matzoh Ball Soup!
Oh....nope....pause! I make mine hearty with added stuff. Kind of like chicken noodle soup but with matzoh balls instead of the chicken.
And when I first tried this (which was totally on my bucket list - why? No damn idea!! :) ) it was described to me as a bread meatball by one of my best friends. That is very very accurate! Kind of like a dumpling ball for all you southern peeps.

OK, take 2!
Matzoh Ball Soup.

Here's most of the stuff but I forgot to put the vegetable oil in the picture. Oops!!
 Here's the recipe but WAIT!!! I change this one extensively. The "soup mix" in here tastes a little funky so I use it to cook the matzoh balls half way through and then change to my real soup stock. But the how to make the matzoh balls is correct!
 Here's the egg with the oil.
 Here's the matzoh ball mix added.
 This is what it looks like all mixed up! Now you put it in the fridge to cool and harden just a tad.
 While that's cooling I make 2 different soups. The first one is the mix that comes in the box. Add the mix to water, stir until dissolved and boil. Easy!
 The second one is my soup base that will actually be eaten. I use two huge containers of chicken stock and boil. And open the box of pasta and get it ready.
 Get the matzoh ball mix out of the fridge and make balls out of them. I use the baller because it makes them all uniform and they cook at the same rate. After this I actually roll them in my hand to get them all packed together and then I'll chill them for a few more minutes to get them to hold their shape while cooking. And remember they're going to expand so you don't want the initial balls too big. *snicker*
 When the soup mix stock is boiling put the matzoh balls in. And add the Campanelli pasta in the real stock pot to cook. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
 Turn the matzoh balls every couple minutes so they cook evenly.
 Wow those balls got big!!! And yes the one on the right leans a little to the left. #dontjudge
 When the timer goes off I pull all of the matzoh balls out and put them on a plate. They aren't done cooking yet so don't eat them! I also take too big scoops of noodles out at this point and save them for another dish. You can just cook half a box but I like leftovers for other meals! Then I pour half of the soup mix stock in with my stock and add the two big cans of veggies and the chick peas. Heat liquid again.
 Then I add the matzoh balls into the top of the soup stock. They will float but I always still count them. I always seem to have hiders!! Cook for 8 minutes. At the end of 8 minutes you want to pull them out again. I don't leave them in the liquid. They'll turn to mush!!!
 Add the desired # of balls *doublesnicker* to each bowl and pour soup over top. Add pepper to taste if desired!
 ENJOY!!!! It's a wonderful meal that soothes the soul and hungry bellies. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!

Happy almost New Year!! If you need a little kink to get you through the holiday season then I've included info on my latest release below!!
Love you guys!!! MWAH!!
Domenico was cursed six long years ago by a witch determined to teach him a lesson. A lesson in life, loss, and understanding that to love is to put someone first…always.
His only escape from his beautiful prison is a dating site called Crossroads. He can choose only one woman a year to contact. One woman to convince, in nothing more than a week, that he’s worthy of her love. But there’s a catch. She must fall asleep during a video chat so he can crawl through his laptop into her world. Then all bets are off.
His curse becomes his salvation when his beautiful submissive Rose is nothing but a dream away.
A Romantica® BDSM erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
Buy Links
Amazon Kindle
Barnes & Noble
Ellora’s Cave

Need a bit more on the kinky and naughty side before you can get your fill of Laila and her 3 sexy men? I’ve gotcha covered!!
The books in the Members Only Series can be found here...
Stand Alone

Jennifer Kacey is a writer, mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.

Website - http://www.jenniferkacey.com/
Blog – The Decadent Divas - http://www.thedecadentdivas.blogspot.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.kacey.7
Facebook Author Page - https://www.facebook.com/jenniferkaceyauthor
Twitter - https://twitter.com/JenniferKacey
Amazon Page - http://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Kacey/e/B00GXHUB30/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d9_al1?_encoding=UTF8&refinementId=618073011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0G8ZPDQJVKJPKXNBRY10&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846
Goodreads – http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6941549.Jennifer_Kacey

Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/jenniferkacey/

No comments:

Post a Comment