Saturday, May 16, 2015

Keeping The Passion Alive

One of the most important things about being in a long term relationship is to keep the passion alive. It can be hard with kids, jobs, pets and errands but it's important. I think keeping up your individual passions helps keep the mutual fires going. Feeling good about yourself keeps you motivated in a relationship.

On that note, this morning my entire family got up at 5:00 am so my husband of seventeen years can go on The Real Ale ride. He loves cycling. He has since before we were married. This is him riding on the Circuit of the Americas here in Austin a couple years ago. It's not the most convenient or cheapest sport. Sometimes it terrifies me when he goes out on a ride. But I know he loves it. And rides like these keep him connected to the community. So I'm always supportive. Yep, even at 5:00 am on a Saturday.

What is it that keeps you passionate about life?

No comments:

Post a Comment