Thursday, October 25, 2018

Skin Cancer by Jennifer Kacey

 So I was diagnosed with skin cancer about a month ago. Basal Cell Carcinoma on my back. It's the "easiest" kind of skin cancer to deal with and so I had to have it removed about a week ago.
 They marked the spot on my back with a marker.
 Then marked the margins of what was going to be removed. Then I got 2,372 (yes I'm exaggerating....a little) shots of lidocaine to numb it all up. You can see how big of an area they injected. Was crazy feeling!
 Then I waited in the FREEZING room for then to get ready and get scrubbed in. I was awake for the whole procedure and talked to my surgeon about Buffalo because that's where she grew up. Literally two seconds away from where my boyfriend lives! Was so cool. Procedure lasted all together about an hour.

They bandaged me all up and sent me home. Had to keep it on for a couple days. My left arm was USELESS for the first 3 days. Had to ice my back a lot to get any relief but it really really helped.
Bandaging came off and I finally got to see my scar. AND she was awesome and didn't touch my ink. Yay!!! I'm still sore. Still having some issues using my left arm do to things pulling in my back. Icing on and off. But other than that I'm good! Already got pathology results back and they got it all. Go team!
So now I just have to give it several months to heal and the scar to settle out.

Mine was all relatively easy because I caught it early and was proactive! Take care of yourself cause there's only one super you for all of us to love!

Decadently Yours,
Jennifer Kacey




http://www.jenniferkacey.com/books.html


Jennifer Kacey is a writer, mother, and business owner living with her miniman in Texas and New York. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment