Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Best Time Of The Year

This summer has flown by, which works for me. I love summer. I love having my kids home with me. I love sleeping in. I love hot days at the pool. But none of those things stack up to fall!!!

Fall is the best time of the year. There's something magical in the air as the days cool and the nights get longer. Of course, it helps that my birthday is at the end of summer? I know it's crazy, but that's my favorite day of the year. Seriously, it is. And this year I turn forty so it'll be extra special. But I'll be posting about that a little later in the month.

After my birthday comes Labor day. The last real holiday of the summer. We usually spend it with friends and food. Friends and food make every holiday amazing. But then the real magic happens. Cuddling up in sweaters, sexy boots replace sandals, and weekends are spent hiking through the green-spaces and parks of Austin.

One thing I do miss over the summer is spending time outside that's not by a pool. I also like to bake more in the fall-when it doesn't make the house unbearably hot.

What's your favorite time of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment