Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Olympic Dreaming

I know I'm not alone when I say this but it still must be said, I love the Olympics. Watching all the men and women chasing their dreams just makes me happy. They represent the United States with pose and grace. Every two years I tune in and watch as they skate, flip, and swim their hearts out.

Which is kind of odd for me. I'm not hugely competitive in real life. I don't think I was born with that gene. I'm happy to cheer on others even when we're after the same prize, and I don't feel bad if I lose. I tend to shrug it off and am on to the next thing. So I know I would've never been a good Olympian. I think you have to have that fire to be the best and to keep driving you even when things get hard.

But when I'm watching the games, I do wonder what it would be like. I think of all the sports, I probably would've done the best in swimming. I did love swimming when I was in high school. It was the one sport I was good at and the one sport I enjoyed.

What about you? Have you ever dreamed about competing in the Olympics? If so, what sport would you compete in?

No comments:

Post a Comment