Friday, January 25, 2019

G tube Surgery Complications by Jennifer Kacey

A lot of you have been following my health struggles for the past couple years. Well the endish of last year I finally had to get a feeding tube because my malnutrition was kicking my ass. Well, in special snowflake style, the surgery that was supposed to get me a GJ feeding tube (gastrojejunostomy feeding tube) they were only able to place the G portion which you can see in the pic below.
THEN I had horrible secondary complications from the surgery. None of my surgeons or GI's or nurses or anyone could figure out what was going on.
Thankfully I turned to several feeding tube blogs to figure it out.
Where my tube was placed, not to mention the sutures which complicated everything further, it hit a bundle of nerves in my abdomen. It triggers massive muscle cramping and pain on my left side. Horrible horribly cramping and pain. I've never felt pain like this.
Most of the people that had the same complications got relief after a few days. Nobody longer than a week. And mine just kept going and going.
I'm now.....hmm.....93 days as of today post that surgery. And I've had pain and cramping every single day. It's been rough and I'm hoping pain management, who I'm meeting with on the 29th will be able to help.

Here's my journey....GO TEAM!!!


Decadently Yours,
Jennifer Kacey


http://www.jenniferkacey.com/books.html


Jennifer Kacey is a writer, mother, and business owner living with her miniman in Texas and New York. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment