Monday, June 18, 2018

Hi y'all!
Did you know that June 19th is National Kissing Day? Yes, there's a designated date for kissing. And why not? Kissing is awesome! Kissing is free! Who doesn't love kissing? 

My pretty pooch is always ready to pucker up!



Like chocolate and wine, not all kisses are created equal. Some are better than others, yes? You know what I mean, right? There's the teeth crusher! The tongue strangler! The slobber dog! We've all had a bad kiss here and there. Let me tell you about the last guy I dated. He seemed perfectly normal at first. But then... Things started to go sideways. Turns out, he didn't like to kiss. Seriously. It was weird. During our first kiss, I cracked open my eyelids to see if he was still breathing, and that's when I knew the relationship was doomed. Instead of closing his eyes in some kind of bliss, he was staring blankly at the wall behind my head. Having been in the middle of a dry spell, I gave him, and the relationship, a few months to see if things changed. They didn't. His kissing didn't improve and don't get me started on his idea of foreplay! There's not enough room on this page to describe how bad it was. It was so bad it was funny... a horrible, sad, kind of funny that left me with a great story to tell my girlfriends over a few bottles of wine. Some day, I'm going to write it all down and publish it as a cautionary tale. Luckily, I still have my fantasies. In my books, the men can kiss the panties off of any woman lucky enough to lock lips with them! 

Check out this little excerpt from  "Benn (Demons After Dark Book Two):"


Benn watched the raindrops run down the side of her neck to soak her shirt. She was cold, shivering. Her nipples strained against the white cotton material. The erotic sight distracted him from his questions. He curled his palms around her elbows, holding her tighter to stop himself from dipping his head and taking one of those dusky nipples into his mouth. He knew enough about human behavior to know what would get him slapped. Or arrested. Humans didn’t go around sucking on women’s breasts in the middle of a public square.

“It’s a simple question, cara. Did he hit you?”

“No.”

“But?”

“But what?”

“But you’re not telling me everything. Why not be honest with me?”

“Honest? Like you’ve been honest with me?”

He let go of her elbows and dragged her against him, walking them both out of the rain and under a little archway. Her hair was plastered against her head; her glorious eyes flashed with anger; her wet clothes clung to her curves. She was irresistible. When her tongue swept out to lick water from her lips, he didn’t think twice.

He swooped down and caught her mouth with his. Her eyes went wide and she made a sweet little squeak of surprise, but he didn’t let her go. He’d wanted to kiss her since she’d tossed that damn coin and he was going to enjoy the moment. He spread his palms across her back, drawing her close enough to feel the hard tips of her nipples. Warm and yielding, she parted her lips to give him better access which he took as permission. Sweeping his tongue into her hot, delicious mouth, he groaned at her sweetness. She tasted of rain and mango. She tasted of passion and endless nights of sex. He wanted to cup her ass in both hands and haul her against his erection so she’d feel how she turned him on. He wanted to peel that tank top over her head and bury his face between her breasts. He wanted to spread her strong thighs and make her forget everything she ever knew about Daniels. He wanted—

—her not to bite him again. “Ow!” he jerked away from her before she thought about biting him again.

Suddenly furious, she shoved him backwards, hissing, “Don’t! Just don’t!” Whirling away, she took off at a jog.

“What the fuck just happened here?” His words met with nothing but rain while she got farther and farther away. “Wait!”


I just love Benn and Lainey together. They're one of my favorite couples and they end up kissing (and much more) inside some pretty unusual places--the catacombs beneath the Vatican, a cage suspended above a nightclub, a steamy South Pacific jungle, and an adorable little lakeside cabin in New England. Ah, yeah... I've got to make do with my heroes until the real thing comes along! Here's hoping you have some good kissing tomorrow! 

Want to check out Benn and Lainey's story? Here's a link!

Oh, and by the way, if you're a fan of hot PNR, the first book in my Demons After Dark Series is on sale this month. "Vanek" is free through June 26th. If you like your heroes hot, damaged, and brutally honest, Vanek's your guy. Follow the link and download a free copy today. It's free everywhere you shop.


1 comment:

  1. Ooo, yum. Rather have Benn kissing me ANYTIME rather than your date. Wow.

    ReplyDelete