Friday, March 2, 2018

Shadow of Thorns by Ripley Proserpina


Around Thanksgiving, I released my first vampire novel. I approached writing vamps with trepidation because there are so many incredible vampire books. One author in particular made the tedium and loneliness of high school tolerable with her books. LJ Smith's originals made her the queen. I read her books about vampires and werewolves and witches, and spent the rest of the late nineties eyeing any new students (especially handsome guys) as potential vampire boyfriends. 

There’s something about a vampire that seems synonymous with tortured soul and there’s nothing I liked (like?) more than a bad boy with a poet’s heart. 

When I finally tried my hand at writing vamps, they turned out a bit different than I expected. This happens a lot when I write, I have an idea for a character and as they round out, they go in whatever direction they want. Like my cats, I have little control over my characters. 

Briar, the first book in the Midnight’s Crown series, was about a girl with a severe sun allergy who fell in love with four vampires (I love the reverse harem twist…why choose one when you can have them all?). 

This week, I released the second book, Shadow of Thorns. This book explores what happens when a past that goes back millennia catches up to vampires. 

This series is a trilogy, so I’m hashing out details for the final book, but in the meantime, I’m enjoying the second book's introduction to the world. 





Secrets can’t hide in daylight…

Hudson, Valen, Sylvain, and Marcus revealed their secret to Briar Hale, and she astonished them.

The four vampires hadn’t expected her to handle their revelation so easily, but Briar is a scientist and recognizes there are all manner of creatures in the world—some benign, some predatory, and some, like the brothers’ maker, pure evil. 

Caught in Asher’s sights, Briar fights not only to stay alive, but to stay sane. Asher is in her head, whispering doubts and bringing to light her vampires’ hidden pasts. He shows her everything—every bloody, terrible, heart-wrenching moment. 

But she is stronger than Asher and the horrors stalking her vampires. Briar loves them, and she won’t give them up, nor will she let them give up on each other.


With war on the horizon, Briar, Hudson, Valen, Sylvain, and Marcus will have to fight Asher and the secrets threatening to rise up and destroy them. 

Shadow of Thorns is available now on Kindle Unlimited: http://amzn.to/2C8YY0c


Follow me on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hv4aPz
Twitter: @RipleyProserpin
Instagram: Ripley Proserpina

No comments:

Post a Comment