Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Medical Marijuana by Jennifer Kacey

So I've been sick for a while. Some days it's very much an uphill battle to be positive and hopeful and keep scraping to find some kind of meds to help me even though I'm already on tons. My doctors are trying but it's a daily struggle to feel okay, much less my preferred AMAZEBALLS!!

And trust me.....I've tried tons and tons of meds. My stomach is even more of a special snowflake than I am as a whole :) and it doesn't tolerate meds very well.


After a huge amount of research....and buying a house in NY (no it didn't have anything to do with my decision to buy a house there but it sure is an added bonus)....I decided to apply for my medical marijuana card.
Then I had to do a huge amount more research on what Dr to see in NY and what all of the requirements are and what I'd need to provide from all of my medical professionals in TX. It was very much not an easy process but I decided I wanted to try. Plus I've always wondered why I keep every scrap of my medical file going back years and I could finally put it to good use!

Feeling like ass from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed really blows and not in a good way you dirty birds!
I'm not gonna lie - I feel weird talking about this, feel odd admitting to it. Not bad....just odd. I've gone around and around about if I wanted to discuss it but I finally decided to suck up my funky feelings and own my decision.

Society as a whole isn't very accepting of holistic type healing / meds and let's face it, society also tells us from the time we're in the womb that pot is bad bad business and to stay away and you don't want to be "that kind" of person.

My thoughts....

This is my life. My quality of life. My future. My present and I have like....THE BESTEST LIFE EVER and I want to be able to enjoy every moment even more.

So I took the plunge. Applied. And was approved. My NY Dr told me I was the poster child for the program. Pain and muscle issues and horrible nausea for years. Food and I are enemies and I'd very much like to change that.

Once I received my certification for the program I had to then apply with the state for my actual card. I had to submit a passport style picture to be used on the card. The day I took the picture was one of my worst days I can remember. I can always find something to be happy and thankful and bubbly about, but several weeks leading up to that day were torture. I hadn't gotten any sleep in almost two weeks, have had headaches non stop for months and that day I had been up since 4am after terrifying nightmares. That morning I sat on the side of my bed and just cried and cried because I felt so awful.

I love that the picture was taken that day because I will ALWAYS remember how horrible it started. But then later in the day I was approved for something that is hopefully going to really help me. Lordy I'm sure hoping so.

I've tried three things so far and one isn't supposed to really kick in for weeks so I have fingers crossed on that one. One of them I get some relief off of but still figuring out dosing and timing. And the third one that is supposed to seriously knock my ass out so I can actually sleep gives me the giggles and makes me bouncy. So to say I have a ways to go is quite an understatement but I'm willing to try. Because feeling like ass every day is really REALLY not allowed in my wheelhouse any more.

So why am I sharing?? Because I'm hoping if I do then someone else reading this might give the program in their state a second look or a first look and not let the stigma surrounding it, nor anyone else's perception or opinion of it, keep them from finding hope and relief and a better quality of life. Because we ALL deserve that. Every. Single. Day.

I only have one trip around this Popsicle stand and I want to enjoy every moment I get to be here!

If you're interested in the program in your state then I'll share where I found the best info to help me in my search.  Here is the website with TONS of info for all states and where I was able to get nit picky on exactly what I needed to do and how and where and when and all that jazz!
https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/

Love you everybody and may your day be AMAZING!!


Decadently Yours,
Jennifer Kacey


http://www.jenniferkacey.com/books.html


Jennifer Kacey is a writer, mother, and business owner living with her miniman in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.

7 comments:

  1. Big hugs to you, sweetie. I've been on the holistic journey for twenty years. For me it's been acupuncture, chiropractors and massage plus nutritional supplements. Whatever helps, I say do it and I'm 100% behind you on the medical marijuana if that will help. You go girl, and stay strong. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very very much hoping it helps. Something has to give!!

      Delete
  2. I never understood why cigarettes and alcohol were legal, but pot wasn't. I couldn't be happier that things are changing for those of us who live with daily pain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People and governments have vilified it for years. Going to take a LONG time to reverse the negative press about it. Very much hoping it works for me! MWAH!

      Delete
  3. You're so sweet!! Thanks for the positive thoughts. I'll SOOOO take them!

    ReplyDelete