Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Demons and Leaf Peeping?

Greetings all! Today’s my first day on Decadent Divas and I’m stoked! 

Here’s a little about me... For as long as I can remember, I’ve been fascinated with all things paranormal. From the time I was a little girl, my vivid imagination led me on ghost hunting missions with my invisible friend, Frank. As an adult, I’ve evolved that rich fantasy life into a love of travel and exploration that has sent me on exciting expeditions from New England to Rome in search of old cemeteries and underground burial sites. Along with my studies of demonology and angel lore, I use inspiration from my travels to write action-packed urban fantasy and paranormal romance novels full of wickedly sexy characters and creepy places. An unhealthy love of hockey and a 20-year military career have given me a penchant for strong men and big guns. So that’s me!


Let’s talk about my favorite month---October! Ah, yes, this is the month of fresh apples, pumpkin everything, the rich smell of decaying leaves, leaf peeping, and demons. Wait? What? Did I just say ‘demons?’ You bet your fine booty I did! What better time of year to bring these guys into the limelight? After all, demons need love too!

Introducing my Demons After Dark series! It’s hot paranormal romance featuring unlikely alpha heroes who will make you laugh, cry, and swoon. Known only as Trinity demons, this band of brothers was stripped of their powers and violently exiled from Hell. Forced to live as humans, they’re left with no memories and no weapons while a secret society quietly plots Lucifer’s demise. For these big, bad demons, adjusting to life as a human is, well, harder than Hell!


I just released the third book and couldn’t be more excited! Koivu and Micki’s story is the most emotional, darkest, and most explicit of the three books. This couple isn’t just compatible—they’re explosive. Here’s a short excerpt:

“Say yes, Micki. I need to hear you say it.” His mouth ate at her throat, his beard scratching deliciously as he circled back to bite down on her ear. “I need—” He groaned in barely-leashed frustration, gritting out from between clenched teeth, “I need to take you someplace . . . dangerous and dirty. Will you let me?”




While Koivu and Micki are settling in to their crazy lives in Brooklyn, I'm heading to Montreal, Canada for some cooler weather and some epic leaf peeping with my buds. With any luck at all, I'll be able to wear a sweater! I love the cold so much that my books are very often set against a backdrop of snowy winter. Book one in this series is called "Vanek." Vanek and Dylan end up snowed in for days. They got bored. Sparks flew. Here's what happened:

“Hey, check this out,” Vanek called to Dylan as he set a box down in the middle of the bedroom.
“Oooh, that looks interesting.” She knelt beside it, running her fingers over the intricately-carved pattern. “Pretty.” Tapping the latch impatiently, she said, “Come on. Open it up. Let’s see what’s in it.”
The shiny brass latch came open easily. Moving as one, they peered into the box. “Well, I’ll be triple damned.” Her dumbfounded face probably mirrored his. “Looks like someone’s into bondage.”
The words lay between them like an unexploded grenade.
He was almost afraid to look at her again. Would she be horrified? Shocked? He braved a glance and breathed a sigh of relief. She looked more surprised than shocked. This day was getting better and better.
“Let’s see what we’ve got here.” He started to unpack and the air between them seemed to thicken with each item he removed. As he rummaged through the box, he felt his pulse thud with sudden lust. Holy hell, the fuck fairies were smiling on him. Between the snowed in cabin, the smoking hot woman, and the box of toys, he was surely living a wet dream.
“Handcuffs, silks, and leather restraints.” He put them in a neat pile, watching her reaction closely. She hadn’t said a word, but examined each item intently once he put them down. Next, he started on the toys, holding each up as he named it. “Flogger. Paddle. Ball gag.”
She’d been trying to hold it back, but she finally choked on a laugh, and picked up the ball gag. Sending him a mock stern look, she warned, “Don’t even think about it.”
“How about these little treats?” He held up the last three items. “Dildo. Lube. Butt plug.”
“Butt plug?” she repeated, trying not to laugh again. Shaking her head, she picked it up and turned it this way and that, clearly trying to imagine how it worked.
He plucked it from her fingers and held it up in its usual position. “It goes like this. In your ass.”
She gaped at him, so he added helpfully, “That’s what the lube’s for.”
“You’re an idiot. I know what it is. I just haven’t seen one in person.” She added, “And don’t get any ideas. I don’t trust you that much.”
“You just hurt my feelings, babe.” He bounced the plug from hand to hand. “Are you sure? There’s plenty of lube.”


I'm offering a coupon for the month of October. Consider it a Halloween treat!



I hope ya'll enjoyed the peek into my new series! I'm sure I'll post more in the next few months!
Happy Halloween!

Contact Laurie Olerich:



1 comment:

  1. Another I love Laurie moment... I can't wait to read more 💞💞
    TINA BOWEN

    ReplyDelete