Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Bedtime reading

Sometimes when I read before I go to bed, I'm looking to wind down after a stressful day. Usually it's a light romance; sometimes, it's a cozy mystery. I tend to avoid non-fiction, thrillers, and other genres that want to make my brain work too hard. I want to be lulled off to dreamland.

Not my bedroom. It's decorated too well.

Other times, however, I'm not ready to go to sleep. In that case, I pull out my kindle and start scrolling for some not-boring, definitely not-sweet romances. When I first got my Kindle, I started with Lora Leigh and Maya Banks. Then I found Celia Kyle and Millie Taiden. The hotter the bedrooms scenes, the less I had to use my electric blanket. (I'm in Winnipeg--we need electric blankets in the winter).

Then I found the Decadent Divas and, holy cow, some nights I don't even need to turn the furnace on anymore.

Anyone who says a book can't change your mood has obviously never read a good romance.

Who do you read when the nights are cold?

**
If you want to get your blood pumping in more than one way, check out my Calendar Killer trilogy. 

Three scorching hot couples, one serial killer. CAPTURE launches in two weeks.


Pursuit - Entrap - Capture (coming 17 October 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment