Monday, December 5, 2016

Happy Holidays- It's Cocktail Time!

We are heading into the second weekend of December, which usually means more holiday parties. Are you throwing a soiree? Attending one? Being dragged by the ends of your scarf? No matter the occasion, we all know the most important part of the gathering is food and drink. And if you travel with me, it's definitely about the drink.

Not too confident behind the bar? Do you need a quick hostess gift? Combine the two with these easy cocktails.

If you follow me on anything social media, you know I love whiskey. My favorite go tos are a Whiskey Ginger (or Ginger Whiskey depending on how you feel), and Irish Coffee.

Whiskey Ginger is super easy. In a glass filled with ice, mix one part whiskey with two parts ginger ale. That's it. If you want it stronger, add more whiskey.

For Irish Coffee, select your favorite coffee cup. It can be a mug, glass specialty coffee cup, whatever you wish. Warm up the cup with hot water. Pour out the water then add a sugar cube, an ounce or two of whiskey ;) and hot coffee. Top with whipped cream. So yummy.

As much as I love whiskey, I have found a new love. Moscow Mules. I know. They've been around forever, but I rarely venture into vodka land. However, those copper cups are so hypnotizing, I had to give them a try. I know most people may think mules as a summertime beverage, but they are perfect for the holidays because the recipe is easy.

You don't need the fancy copper cups. But if you have them, use 'em! In a cup filled with ice, pour two ounces of vodka, one ounce of lime juice, and top with ginger beer. Yeah. That's it. And it's so refreshing!

And you can mix it up. Change out the vodka for whiskey- Irish Mule. Tequila- Mexican Mule. Dark rum- Dark and Stormy. Yeah. It's called an entirely different name and you only garnish with a lime wedge instead of added the lime juice. Why? I don't know. I only drink them.

Remember the hostess gift idea? Make a package with a set of coffee mugs, the ingredients for Irish Coffee, and the recipe printed out on a nice card. Do the same with those extra-shiny mule mugs. Two snaps and a twist, and your done!

I wrapped this Moscow Mule kit with Russian men. :)


Until next time, y'all. Cheers!

Anna - the Super Diva

Pick up your copy today!
Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Facebook
Twitter

Newsletter
Amazon Page
YouTube 

Instagram- annam.alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment