Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Choose Your Own... Dystopia?? By Ripley Proserpina

I don't have a book coming out this month, but one of my favorite writers who is a genius at combining dystopian worlds with romance, is. Rebecca Royce is about to release, Compassion Be Damned, the second to last book in Last Hope series. She answered some questions for me, and then gave us a sexy little excerpt! Enjoy!!

What is your favorite part about writing a long running series? What’s challenging? 

My favorite part of writing a long running series is not having to say goodbye to old characters. Challenging? Keeping it fresh and interesting so the readers want to keep reading it. 

Which of your dystopian universes would you choose to live in and why?
NONE! I don't want to live in any of them. 

So, Rebecca says she wouldn't want to live in any of her dystopian universes, but I'll be honest, if I got to choose, I'd choose the Last Hope universe. The women in this world are AWESOME. They are strong, have magical, witchy abilities, and a group of guards totally devoted to them. (Did I mention this is reverse harem???). 

The series starts with Tradition Be Damned. It knocked my socks off the first time I read it. 

About Rebecca: 

As a teenager, I would hide in my room to read my favorite romance novels when I was supposed to be
doing my homework. I hope, these days, that my parents think it was worth it.
​I am the mother of three adorable boys and I am fortunate to be married to my best friend. I live in
Austin Texas where I am determined to eat all the barbecue in town.
​I am in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and try to use all of these elements in my writing. I've been told I'm a little bloodthirsty so I hope that when you read my work you enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. I love to write series because I love to see characters develop over time and it always makes me happy to see my favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.
In my world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will.
​I'd love to hear from you! Please visit my website at www.rebeccaroyce.com to sign up for my
newsletter and learn about my books!
Here’s where you can find me online:
Instagram: rebeccaroyce79


EXCERPT: 
I kissed him because I had to, because there was never enough time for anything, and I had to kiss Paden every chance that I got. I kissed him because his eyes were always kind, because his smile was sexy as hell, and because I could feel him inside my soul where I’d needed him my entire life. He kissed me back like he’d never get enough of me. I could feel it through our link. 
He was hard, maybe he’d been before I even touched our lips together. We’d co-joined, and we’d never gotten to do this. The world had needed saving. At this second, it could wait. I tugged at his shirt, feeling the long, lean scope of his muscles beneath my fingertips. 
Paden separated our mouths before he bit down on my lower lip. Pleasure surged through me. “I need you.” 
“Me too, sweetheart. Me too. So fucking much.” We clawed at each other, the easy, drowsy making out fleeing. There was somewhere we needed to get, and I wasn’t sure I was going to make it without exploding. 
He bit down on my neck, and I shuddered. Yes, I wanted Paden’s marks all over me. I reached for and found his erection, and when I grabbed onto him, he moaned against my ear. I stroked him, long and hard. 
“Not too much.” 
I shook my head. “Never enough.” 
“I couldn’t agree more.” He pushed away my hand and soon sheathed himself inside of me. I held onto his shoulders, knowing that I’d love this man every day I was alive. However long or short that proved to be, I was lucky. 
He thrust inside of me before jerking out. I bit down on his shoulder, and his whole body shook. Yes, by Divinity, I loved this man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment