Monday, November 30, 2020

Celia's Edible and Audible Holiday Cheer

Hello my dear Decadent Diva Readers,

 I hope you had a lovely November. The December holidays are upon us, and I'm busy prepping A Demon's Embrace, my second Cupid Dating Agency book for release! My hero, Stryker, owns a year-round holiday store, and he loves Christmas so thought I better launch his story around the time of his favorite holiday, LOL.

Now, let's get this holiday party started with songs and sugar! I shared these last year, but in case you missed them, here they are again: Cookies and musical holiday cheer...

Celia's Holiday Spritz Cookies “our

Cookies are one of my favorite, sweet indulgences for the holidays. My family makes spritz cookies every December. Delicious! Here’s my mother’s recipe (that I love to post every year around this time). Requires cookie press.

3/4 cup regular sugar (some recipes call for “powdered”, but mom swears by regular!)
1 cup margarine, or butter, or shortening (mom uses shortening; I use butter. Both are delish.)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together margarine (or butter or shortening), sugar, vanilla, egg until fairly fluffy.
3. Stir in flour, salt, baking powder.
4. Optional: separate dough into bowls, add food dye of your choosing (see photo).
5. Fill cookie press; press dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
7. Remove from sheet and cool on cookie rack.
8. Eat. All. The. Cookies!

  Celia’s Holiday Playlist
Music is a big part of our holiday celebrations. Here’s one of our playlists for the December holidays. Happy listening!

“Another Christmas Song,” Stephen Colbert
“Not Tonight Santa,” Girls Aloud
“Frosty the Snowman,” Cocteau Twins
“Christmas Time Is Here Again,” Ringo Starr
“Sleigh Ride,” The Ronettes
“The Lonely Jew On Christmas,” Kyle Broflofski with Special Celebrity
Guest “Santa’s Beard,” They Might Be Giants
“Winter Wonderland,” Cocteau Twins
“Christmas (Baby Please Come Home),” Darlene Love
“Thanks for Christmas,” XTC
“December Will Be Magic Again,” Kate Bush

 

Have a great December, Dear Readers, and I'll see you back here on December 30th with more info on A Demon's Embrace!.

xo,
Celia


Web site | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram | Newsletter



No comments:

Post a Comment