Saturday, August 18, 2018

National Bad Poetry Day!


In honor of National Bad Poetry Day, I’m going to share some poems I dug up on the internet. Are they bad? Some will make you groan. Some will make you roll your eyes. But are they truly bad? That’s in the eye of the beholder, isn’t it? Let’s start with something short and sweet, shall we?

There once was a fellow McSweeny
Who spilled some gin on his weenie
Just to be couth
He added vermouth
Then slipped his girl a martini
--Author Unknown


I’ve been on every diet known to man
Atkins, Lemonade, Cabbage, and f-plan
And I’ve never lost a thing worthy of mention
But I try every new one, full of good intention
Now I’m on the Whisky diet, which I’m taking steady
And do you know I’ve lost three days already?
--Paul Curtis

Like an orchid, she holds a sweet scent
and speaks to my heart, in a sexy accent.
A tigress in my defense, she gives me a hundred percent,
A guardian angel, she was heaven sent.
--Emile Pinet


“She Dwelt Among the Untrodden Ways” by William Wordsworth






Isn’t the imagery beautiful? Wouldn't it be lovely to matter that much? I challenge all of you to find a silly poem and share it with your friends today. Raise of toast to someone you've lost or simply to celebrate a wonderful friendship. 

Laurie Olerich writes taut, action-packed, and wickedly sexy urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Creating a world filled with immortal soldiers, micromanaging archangels, and unforgettable demons is her one true passion. Her stories will linger in your heart long after you’ve closed the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment