Monday, July 30, 2018

Celia's #SummerReads: Meet the Tranquilli #Vampires

Vampire Code BOOK COVER  Hello Dear Decadent Readers!

 I hope you're having a fabulous summer.

 Post-family vacation, I'm deep in edit-mode on the third book in my Tranquilli Bloodline series, currently working on a tension-filled section where my heroine and her mate encounter some serious, life-altering roadblocks to their Happily Ever After.

 Since everyone deserves a little R&R, I've pulled Carina and Alexander from their peril-filled universe and brought them along to Decadant Divas today. They've agreed to answer some questions while they're here.

MEET CARINA & ALEXANDER

Hi Guys. Thanks for joining me on the Decadent Diva Blog today. Let's ease you into this interview with a no-brainer: Introduce each other, please...

CARINA: Alexander is 45 in human years. He doesn't look a day over about 28 since he was turned in his twenties. Oh, I suppose you should know he's a vampire. He's a native San Franciscan, and a kickass musician. And sexy as hell.

ALEXANDER: ::removes sunglasses and settles in chair:: Flattery will get you everywhere. Carina is 25 and a successful businesswoman. Her dance club in the Castro is one of the best in town. She loves sushi and sake. And she's smokin' hot.

When and where is your story set?

CARINA: Mostly in present day, San Francisco, CA. A lot of the action happens in my dance club in Haven. I open a new club in DESTINY, so we hang out there, too. And then Celia flew us to Italy for ORIGINS.

ALEXANDER: What Carina said. We also have some interesting...moments outside in the park, in the museum, in my bed... ::shoots Carina a sly grin:: ah, there's that blush I like.

CARINA: I'll get you back, wait and see. ::cheeky grin::

What is the main conflict in the series? In other words, what messes up your life?

CARINA: Oh boy, I'll field this one. You see, I have this pesky vampire family. They messed with my head and left me alone for many years, but now they're back. And lucky me, their enemies followed. I seem to be the center of the conflict between Team Good (my family) and Team Evil, whether I want to be or not. Believe me, I do not.

What is your personal goal in the series?

CARINA: So, my author Celia named the first book in our series HAVEN for precisely this reason: my personal goal. The word HAVEN means “a place of safety or refuge.” I want to make a home for myself and my community. When Haven opens, I'm estranged from my three brothers, so I create a home for myself with my best friends. With my friend and business partner Adrian, I build our dance club, Haven. Our club is a safe space where *everyone* is welcome. Our new club, Destiny (book 2) is a part of this ongoing goal. A safe space or "home" for the preternatural community (and humans in-the-know) to gather and enjoy themselves. In Origins, we go back to my roots: it's time to make peace with my dad. Hopefully...

ALEXANDER: As for me... Carina is my goal.

CARINA: ::grins:: Sweet talker.

If you could join any past or current music group, which would you want to join?

CARINA: Cibo Matto. Or the Beatles.

ALEXANDER: Nice, baby. For me: Nine Inch Nails.

How often do you buy clothes? And what styles do you prefer?

CARINA: Fairly often. Some of my friends are local designers so I tend to shop at their work spaces or other San Francisco boutiques. Style-wise, I lean toward urban chic, and a whole lot of black.

ALEXANDER Like my woman, I shop at the private boutiques, primarily those catering to the preternatural community. They're located off Union Square. Go there after sundown, of course. As for my style, ::lifts arms:: my Carina calls me her “edgy, urban, rock star.”

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

ALEXANDER: I’d go back to the first time I saw Carina, walking in front of my car in the Castro. External forces kept us apart that day and for too long after. I’d change that.

CARINA: ::scowls and crosses arms:: Really, Celia? You know what I'm going to say. I'd go back to the day my family stole my freaking memories when I was a kid and stop them. Hmph.

Well, on that note, lol... thanks for hanging with me today at Decadent Divas. I hope we can do this again soon!

::Alexander unfolds Carina's arms and pulls her onto his lap.:: Happy to return. Nice to have Carina all to myself... ::smiles, smoky blue eyes sparking with heat::

CARINA: ::melts against her man:: Love you, Celia, though you torture me so.

HAVEN BOOK COVER DESTINY by Celia Breslin, Book cover ORIGINS Book cover

 

Have a great rest of your summer, Dear Readers, and see you back here on August 31st!

xo,
Celia


Web site | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram | Newsletter



No comments:

Post a Comment