Sunday, July 15, 2018

GET TO KNOW ME

I love learning personal facts about authors, their favorite vices, obsessions, maybe even some secrets. I'm nosey, er, curious about people. So I thought I'd do a Get to Know Me post since I never actually formally introduced myself here.



FACT: I've lived in California over 20 years, but I'm a New Yorker at heart. Yup, raised in Brooklyn in an Italian neighborhood where the men would "leave the gun and take the cannoli" if ya know what I mean. Pizza, a semolina loaf, salami, and black and white cookies were my 4 major food groups growing up. I lived a block away from the bakery in this photo, which is where the bakery scenes in the movie, Moonstruck were filmed.


http://whisper.sh/whisper/0518ae519891fb882747fe107dffbf6af97747/I-think-my-cup-of-coffee-just-said-youre-my-bitch


VICE: Coffee. How cliche, I know, but put it this way--If I could walk around with an IV drip of coffee all day, I would. I started drinking coffee back when no one knew what a cappuccino was, Starbucks hadn't been born yet, and it sure in the hell didn't cost over $2 a cup.




OBSESSION: Halloween. Let's just say this: It's only July and I'm already buying stuff for Halloween. Actually, I started in May. Truthfully, I started getting ideas about it on November 1, 2017. It's a year-round obsession. Oh, and I dress my diva dog to match me on Halloween. She knows if she wants to roll with this family, she's got to be a good sport. The boy? He's just in it for the candy. He may or may not have been switched at birth. I'm still waiting to see whether he rises to the occasion in the future.




ANIMALS: I've had 7 cats at one time, however, at the present moment, we have 4 cats, a diva Chihuahua, a destructive bunny, and our parakeet just died. Yes, I'm open to more cats.



LOVE LIFE: I'm 50 and have never been married. I've been a single mom for the last 15 years, and only since this February on my 50th birthday did I become engaged for the first time. To a man I was in love with 35 years ago. (Awwww) Guess when we're getting married? Halloween 2020! Mwahaha!




CAREER: I'm all over the place with my writing. I've published 2 romantic comedies, The Accidental Cougar and The Meatball Mistress, an erotic romance, The Submissive Muse, and am now shopping around a young adult novel. I've also started a romantic thriller...so yeah, no set niche for me.


That's it for now. Hope everyone is staying cool this summer.


Tiffany N. York is a published romance author who may or may not need help over her Halloween obsession. She procrastinates by perusing buy/sell sites, looking for cheap Halloween scores. You can visit her website at tiffanynyorkauthor.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment