Tuesday, August 30, 2016

One Year Wiser?

Yesterday was my birthday!! I turned forty years old and I had a blast. My husband got us tickets to the ballet, we went out to a lovely lunch, and then he baked me a cake. It's the first cake he's  ever baked. And it was yummy. It was a sticky toffee pudding cake.

Here's the thing I realized though, I definitely feel a year older but I'm not sure I'm a year wiser.

I'm forty now! Yet I've yet to learn any of the secrets of life. I think I knew more of the secrets when I was sixteen. I seemed to know everything back then. The older I get, however, the more I realize how little I actually know.

But maybe that is one of the secrets? That no matter how old I get, there are still more things for me to learn? Just like my wonderful husband baking a cake last night for the first time, there are still so many things for me to do for the first time even at forty. There is a certain joy to knowing I haven't learned everything there is to learn. It keeps me fresh and open to learning new things. And it would probably be kind of boring if I did know all the secrets of life.

So here's to another year of exploring and discovery. Maybe I'll have at least one secret to report back next year this time.





No comments:

Post a Comment