Monday, May 23, 2016

Goals

The last couple of weeks I've been blogging about my attempts to find a way to love Mondays. And on this, my third Monday in the series, I've found it's actually starting to work. We were having dinner with friends last night when I said, "Yay! Tomorrow is Monday!" I've actually grown to like the day and the opportunity it brings for a fresh start to a work week.

That doesn't mean I hate the weekends, however. It's true we've had some incidents over the weekends lately. But this weekend was fantastic. My husband met an awesome goal of his own this weekend. He is a cyclist and he likes to do charity rides through out the year, but his favorite takes place in the late spring-The Real Ale Ride. This is a picture of us heading to the ride. He and his friends usually ride the thirty mile ride and I'm always in awe. Thirty miles on a bike seat peddling through hill country? It's quite a feat. But this year they upped the ante. They decided they were going to ride the fifty mile route. And they did it! My husband rode the last ten with a broken spoke. I couldn't be more proud of him and his friends.

It served as a reminder to me of how important setting goals is. I've been really getting back into my writing as of late, but this week I'm working with some real goals. I'm going to finish the chapter I've been working on and write one more. That's my goal. I'll let you know next week if I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment