Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year?

What does this pie have to do with New Year's?
Everything.
In the Alexander household 2015 end with more of a sniffle than a bang. I had a cold, cramps from hell, and broke up with someone I thought was great but realized it wasn't going to work out. So yeah. Happy New Year, huh?

During all of the New Year's telecast I kept hearing how it was a clean slate, fresh start, time to set those resolutions and make 2016 the best year ever. A difficult thing to do when you're not feeling celebratory.

But that's okay. When I'm ready to tuck my bad feelings away and look to the future, it will be on my terms. And I do have a lot to look forward to. I have at least two books I'm writing, the rest of my Heroes of Saturn series will release soon, I'll be back in my old hood of Las Vegas for the Romantic Times Convention in April, and have lots of other events planned as well.

Besides the big things, there are the little things to celebrate as well. My mother found out on Christmas Eve that her uterine cancer was caught in time and she wouldn't need chemotherapy or radiation. I have awesome friends who are there for me when I need them, my girls are the greatest children in the world, I can stand and climb stairs without any discomfort, and I have the means to keep a roof over my head. Lots of blessings indeed.

Many people struggle over the holidays. I can understand why. The world is a very overwhelming place to be. But you are not alone. We all have our difficulties and they can all be overcome. You don't need a date on the calendar to tell you when that fresh start can begin. Celebrate a new year when you're ready.

So now I'm going to celebrate the fact that as an adult, I can do what I want, including having pie for dinner. Adulting is hard, but it definitely has its perks.
$0.99 at your favorite retailer now!




Happy New Year!

Anna- The Super Diva
Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter

Amazon Page
YouTube 

Instagram- annam.alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment