Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Favorite Writing Tools by Kate Hill

Writers have habits and tools that work for them, but what's perfect for one might not be right for another. Today I'm sharing three tools that I use on a daily basis.

1. 3x5 Notebooks - These little notebooks are probably my most important tool. I carry one or two with me everywhere I go and I keep one on my bedside table. With one of these handy, I have no problem jotting down random notes, ideas and sometimes entire summaries. If by (rare) chance I don't have a little notebook with me, I'm uncomfortable. Leaving my notebook behind is like forgetting to put on socks or underwear. I can live without it, but it doesn't feel right.

2. Index Cards - Index cards are a fairly new tool for me, but one I've quickly become attached to. I used to keep story outlines on large sheets of paper. Now I write each scene on an index card. It's easier to spread out the entire book, shuffle scenes around and add to them without scribbling tons of notes in margins or rewriting entire pages.

3. Internet - The Internet is great for research as well as for finding inspirational pictures for characters, clothing and weapons. It's easy to get visuals for just about anything that relates to the characters.

No matter what your job, you have favorite tools What are some of yours?

About Kate

Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets. Kate also writes under the pen name Saloni Quinby. She enjoys hearing from readers and she can be contacted at katehill@sprintmail.com. Visit her online at http://www.kate-hill.com.



Blow by Blow
by Kate Hill

Blurb: 

A hunky former heavyweight champ and an ass-kicking beauty fight for their lives and their love in a futuristic world of MMA.

Theo "Little Raven" Fisker, is a bantamweight with attitude who plans to make a name for himself in the Radical Warrior Tournament, a prestigious mixed martial arts event. The problem is no team will sign a male fighter who walks out in silver and pink with nail polish to match, until he meets Master Jesse.

Impressed by Theo's talent, Jesse welcomes him onto his up and coming team. Fists and sparks fly when Theo meets gorgeous Valentin Merrickson. Theo draws Valentin out of his protective armor and sparks hope for a life the tough heavyweight never imagined possible. Their love grows, but threats from extremists and an injury that ends Valentin's career in the cage might tear them apart. 

Purchase Link:



No comments:

Post a Comment