Monday, October 5, 2015

When craftiness goes beyond the pages

Some of you who follow me (Lia Davis) on Facebook and my author blog know I'm about to be a grandmother again. Hayden Thomas is due to arrive November 21. Although I'm predicting he comes a little earlier.

Saturday was my daughter's baby shower so I took Friday off from my authorly duties to be crafty in another way. Below are the items I made.


A diaper cake. This was my first one. And I think it turned out pretty cute. 




Purse charms to go with the party favors. 




Hair bow for the mom-to-be





My friend, who helped host the shower at her house, made the cake (we were up until pass midnight on Friday playing with the fondant to get the bow right). 





And the blue velvet cupcakes, which my friends daughter decorated.

We had fun and it was nice taking the weekend off to spend with friends and family. But it's Monday and time to get back to work. i'm refreshed and ready to lit up my keyboard. Have an amazing week!

Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment