Sunday, September 6, 2015

Friends, Food, Shoes, Henry, and Armie- Awesome Day!

Is everyone having a great holiday weekend?

Today was a busy day for me, meaning an early wake up call and heading out the door by 7:30am. Well, that was the plan, but I was a little late getting on the road. Fortunately traffic was light and I had awesome tunes playing on the Hair Nation station on the radio that helped to keep my pace brisk.

First up was a breakfast meeting for the Emerald City Writers Conference committee. The conference is only a few weeks away and we are coming into the home stretch of final preparations. If you haven't signed up yet, now is the time to do it. This year we are hosting a Passport to Romance reader event that will be fantastic. I'll post more about it next month, but mark your calendars for October 17th. If you love romance novels, this is where you'll want to be.

Today was also the first chapter meeting for the Greater Seattle RWA after the summer break. Alicia Aho was our speaker giving us pointers on handselling books. Not necessarily our own books but books in general. The romance genre is so popular because we write about people and relationships. That same feeling goes beyond the book to the relationship an author has with their readers. We do best to never forget that.

Of course we can't have a proper meeting without having lunch afterward. About twenty of our members made the trek for lunch where the conversation carried on. This is my favorite part about the monthly meetings. The connections we make with each other. The opportunities to exchange ideas, information, and just have a fun. I love my GSRWA family.

But my day wasn't done yet. After a four hour lunch, I headed south and stopped at DSW. Hey, there was a sale! I picked a few-okay one- essential pair and then a completely frivolous pair of shoes. Guess which was which?


Don't you want to...umm..yeah...
Since I was on my own for the first time without a massive deadline poking me, I was finally able to head to the movies and see The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Have you seen it? Go!!! It was AWESOME!! Funny, action packed, and let's not forget the eye candy. Henry Cavill in a suit. Several suits. And a robe. So pretty. Really, really pretty. And let's not forget Armie Hammer. Angsty, badass, wounded, Russian, Armie. sigh...I could totally see this movie again, right now. The only thing that irked me was the soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, there were some wicked tunes from the 60's, but there was this weird twangy music whenever there was a tense/almost sexy moment. Reminded me of the horrible music in The Transporter. (shivers in horror)
If there is a sequel (please, please, please) I'd lose the twang. I know Guy Ritchie is reading this right now and will make my wishes so, but anyway, still go see it.

Whew. So, another Saturday comes to a close. I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I'm off to bed to dream about well-dressed, handsomer than hell, cold war spies. Lucky me!

Until next time y'all
Anna- The Super Diva

Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Pick up you copy today on Amazon!
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter
Amazon Page
YouTube 

No comments:

Post a Comment