Thursday, July 9, 2015

New Contract

Yesterday I signed and returned a contract for my next book. Yay!! And it got me thinking back to my career as a writer. I honestly had no idea where I was going when I first started writing. I was shocked when Lyrical offered me a contract for Ink in the Blood all those years ago. Not because I thought it was a bad book, just because I couldn't believe I was going to have a book published. As soon as I'd signed the contract I remember feeling a little lost. What now?

Write another story, of course!

And that's kind of how the last five years have gone. Of course, I've had bad days, weeks, and even months along the way. Anything worthwhile is going to be hard. But, at the end of the day, I'm so thankful and blessed to be part of this community.

If you've got a story, I encourage you to tell it. Write it and send it out to publishers. It's scary and exciting and life changing. 

If you want to stay up to date about this story and the other ones I'm writing, come follow me on Facebook or on Twitter. When I have a cover, title, official blurb and release date, I'll post it all over the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment