Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Flu Season is Here! How Will You Survive?

According to the news we are experiencing the worst flu season ever. And yes, I too have succumbed to the ickiness. What strikes me as funny is this is the first year I ever received a flu shot and I still became sick. :)

So this last Thursday I stayed home and wrote. And wrote, and wrote and wrote and wrote. Hey, I was on a deadline.

But usually when I'm not feeling so great, what I like to do is plug in a favorite movie. By favorite I'm talking about a movie I know every line to. A movie I know so well, that when it's on broadcast television, and they edit out parts, I get pissed. With a movie I can give my brain and eyes a rest and just relax in the tranquility of the familiar.

So in honor of the flu season, I present my list of go-to movies to help you get past the crud. These are movies that make me laugh, (but not too hard because you don't want to start a coughing fit) and won't make you cry too much, because really, you already have enough snot to deal with.

In no particular order:

Four Weddings and a Funeral- I love this movie so much I saw it in the theaters six time. I even named one of my children after a character. (No, I won't tell you which)

While You Were Sleeping- I love Peter's family. And Jack!

The Avengers- Seriously? Do I even need to tell you why?

The Goonies- Goonies never say die!

Overboard- It's a hell of a day at sea sir. (I have no idea why I like this movie so much)

Footloose- Let's dance!

Sleepless in Seattle- WWMFEO

Groundhog Day- Let's move here.

Ever After- Dougray Scott as the prince! And Angelica Houston as the wicked stepmother. Awesome.

Never Been Kissed- Who wouldn't want Mr. Coulson as a teacher?!


There is my short list. Really, I could go on and on.

So for all of you sneezing and hacking like me, I wish you well.

Until- achoo- next time!

Anna- The Super Diva
Website- http://annaalexander.net/
Now on sale for $2.99!
Facebook
Twitter- @AnnaWriter
Newsletter
Amazon Page
YouTube 


1 comment:

  1. GOONIES NEVER SAY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd love to watch that now!!

    ReplyDelete