Thursday, July 31, 2014

If I ever met a sexy alien...



If I ever met a sexy alien...

by Jessica E. Subject

 

Hello, and thank you for joining me at Decadent Divas! A huge thanks to Rebecca Royce who invited me to be a guest on the blog today! When I first started writing, I met a large group of authors through Six Sentence Sunday, one of them being Rebecca. We got to know each other a bit, and when the 1Night Stand line started at Decadent Publishing, she suggested I submit a science fiction romance story there for the line. Well, that was over three years ago, and I now have twenty-three stories published under two names, and my first multi-author anthology (Sci Spanks) has just released.

Anyway, let’s talk about aliens, my favorite thing to write about. There was a time in my life where if I had met an alien, I would have run away screaming, afraid they would want to abduct me into their spaceship, perform experiments, or worse. This belief had much to do with the movies SIGNS, and living in a farmhouse surrounded by corn fields at the same time. The fear traveled with me when we moved back to the city.

It was a fear I had to get over and fast, with children in the house. Except for a fictional movie, I had no basis for this fear. I’ve always believed in aliens, but why did they have to be scary? Why can’t they be sexy? My favorite superhero is Superman, and he’s a sexy alien.

In many of my stories, a character is meeting an alien for the first time, whether set up with them by the magical Madame Eve of the 1Night Stand series, or finding them living next door. Though how the characters react to learning of this news tends to vary.

Some run away, letting fear control their action. Others simply don’t believe and need to see proof. In my debut release, Celestial Seduction, Carrie is shocked and scared when she first learns of Frey’s true identity. But then curiosity takes over, followed by lust. This is exactly how I think I would react in her position. And it would be an experience I would never forget.

Now, I welcome the chance to meet an alien, especially if they are as hunky as in the books I read and write. If the space visitors happen to resemble those in INDEPENDENCE DAY, WAR OF THE WORLDS, or even SIGNS, I’d stare in awe for a few moments before I turned and ran. LOL

What would you do if you met an alien? Would it matter if he/she was sexy or not?

 



Author Bio:

Jessica E. Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotica. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous. If you’re looking for something really steamy, check out her stories written as Paisley Brown.

When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk. Fast. But she just may slow down if there is a waterfall nearby.

Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

Pinterest | Goodreads | Amazon | Authorgraph

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming and talking about your smexy aliens today!!!

    ReplyDelete